Great Desert Tracks Atlas & Guide
25 Epic Desert Adventures
or 4 interest-free payments of $17.48
Have a Question about this product?
Explore the arid centre with this comprehensive guide to traversing Australia's desert regions. Whether you’re a ‘desert lover’, or just looking to tackle some of Australia’s favourite 4WD destinations, this informative guide is an indispensable companion to this country’s arid centre.
This edition includes handy track profiles showing elevations and distances as well as points of interest, camping areas and supply points in one easy-to-follow graphic.
There’s also plenty of essential pre-trip reading on how to prepare for your trek, safety in the outback and driving techniques, making this the ‘must have’ guidebook for travelling Australia’s deserts.
- 25 4WD trips featured
- Handy atlas for navigation, containing the complete 7th edition GDT maps
- Detailed inset maps throughout
- Handy track profiles plus facility information for the nearest supply points and camping areas listed in the track descriptions
- Tracks coded by vehicle type with symbols showing towing suitability
- GPS-surveyed roads and tracks that show fuel and provision availability
- Track descriptions include permit information and contact details
- Background information on geomorphology, major environments and ecosystems, and history
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Completely revised and updated text with new tracks for the Madigan Line and Nyangumarta Highway
- Revised and updated maps in a new cartographic style
- Now includes handy track profiles showing elevations and distances as well as POIs, camping areas and supply points in one easy-to-follow graphic.